Friday, July 29, 2011

I delight in fishing.


I've been sorely out of touch. It happens at the end of every semester it seems--so much to do and so little time. The end of summer semester has been no exception. Its not over yet but close enough that I'm celebrating! My method of surviving the last few weeks of the semester has been fishing. That's right, twice last weekend and I'm thinking its going to happen again this weekend. There is nothing like being in the middle of a lake early on a Saturday morning, working hard to get there (rowing) and then just sitting and spending time with the fish (and my Dad). I also find a number of things to laugh about when I fish: my lack of talent (that 10 and 2...I just figured out it was referring to the tip of the pole, not my arm), the size of fish I catch (some of my fish I should just cast back out as bait for bigger fish), and my Dad finds it entertaining when I try to NOT catch certain fish that don't fit my size requirements.

Needless to say, if you haven't delighted in fishing lately, whether its fly fishing or bait fishing...go, do, you'll be happier after! Promise!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been fishing since we moved from Utah. It's kind of depressing. We live in the land of 10,000 lakes and I haven't been out once. There always just seems to be too many other things to do. Or it's too hot. It's not much fun to go out when it's 80-90% humidity and a heat index of 100 - 115 degrees. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete