Sunday, January 31, 2016

week 4: homeownership in real life

Update to the basement: The upside is that its now dry (3 turbo fans and a dehumidifier later). The downside is that they found mold on a baseboard and had to cut two holes in my drywall. Still carpet-less. Still frustrated with my insurance.

Update to the windows: I got new windows this week! That was a pre-planned event but man alive...it was messy! My house was in chaos...and when you add in the water mitigator showing up...I may have just about lost it! Holes and hammering upstairs, holes and hammering downstairs...minorly overwhelming. But the windows are all in, the house is all cleaned and the light in the daytime without the accompanying "breeze" is a definite win!

Update to the work: Work is work. I don't really blog about it but man alive, I work with some really awesome people! I'm so blessed to get to do what I do!

Update to the fam: My dad has saved my life this week! Besides monitoring the window chaos and the water chaos, he stayed upstairs...while I hermited downstairs in the "less chaos." He also stayed and helped me clean up (he's got major vacuuming skills), took me to costco, bought me dinner and helped himself to completing a number of random house projects. What would I do without my dad?!?!?

Update to the spirit: Me and my scriptures had some really great times this week. I am so grateful for the role of the scriptures in my life and for the powerful re-charge the scriptures provide!

Update to the house projects: I found a curtain rod for my bedroom and ordered some curtains. I love that they won't impede my view...because I love my view! Still looking for an ottoman...why do I love putting my feet up?!? I still need to put the craft room back together again. One step at a time.

Update in the self-care: I made turkey pot pie, wandered world market, sat down and read a book and did my monthly review.

___________________________
One of my biggest delights of the day was when I unearthed a number of lessons learned//daily delight documents. I started compiling them all together into a master list. Each line was like a precious gem of learning that happened at a critical time in my life. Man alive...it did my heart a world of good! I also found a ton of goal pages for the past 10 years. What a happy discovery. I loved reviewing the past and examining the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment