Sunday, October 14, 2012

theme of the week: letting the lord define success






  • fall. this is the first year (besides my two 'fall seasons' as a missionary) that i haven't been in school in the fall. fall has always been my favorite season by far and i feel like this year i am enjoying fall in a few of my favorite ways that i haven't been able to for years--looking at it, walking through it, driving through the canyons, kayaking amidst it. i delight in fall. 
  • participating in my first pdc (parent directed consultation)
  • pondering general conference--so many lessons learned
  • watching the conference addresses i missed
  • buying a calculator
  • signing up for a cake decorating class--because i have always wanted to and it just so happened the timing of the class is perfect! i'm so excited.
  • dinner and an all around delightful evening with the grandparents
  • finally going in the antique shop in logan that i've always wanted to go to
  • reading daily from the book of mormon 
  • making freezer lunches, so i don't have to eat sandwiches
  • going to one of the happiest baby showers i've ever been to--everyone was so happy, grateful and excited
  • sewing my first "quilt square" and getting the points lined up fairly well if i do say so myself!
  • being told by christin that something "wasn't my best option"
  • hanging out with good friends, and watching a movie with a strange ending
  • having dinner with a mission companion and going to institute
  • "hanging out" google style with friends afar
  • sitting by my 'practically sisters' at church
  • catching up with my mission trainer
  • loving the fact that tuesday night is "gibbs night" again at my house
  • weekends where i don't have to set my alarm and can still feel good about waking up on my own at 7 because my body decided it, not my alarm
  • playing with puppy
  • sissy hugs
  • starting to write, i mean really write
  • planning the trip that's finally going to happen--monticello!
  • campfire with the family
  • the amazing testimony meeting in my ward today, reminders of what i should focus on
  • christin's tarzan impersonation
  • family group hugs

1 comment:

  1. Those are great things to be grateful for, and I have to say that Gibbs is the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete