the stockings were hung on the banister with care with presents appearing everyday without spare
my "christmas break" is here, off and running!
kids and christmas makes my life so happy, have i mentioned i love my job?! its been a major theme of all my delights of the week. helping kids be able to say things like "santa, christmas, lights, and four-wheelers" has been such a delight. i mean honestly, what can be better than helping a child learn how to say (intelligibly) what they want for christmas to santa and have santa finally understand! yep. its that awesome! a few delights from the week before christmas are as follows:
- i delight in thoughtful, kind co-workers who teach me so much and are ever so kind
- i delight in having my best friend in town and 8:30 am gatherings. 5 months apart is too many!
- i delight in finally being able to make 'the wilton rose'...ah ah!!!
- i delight in happy happy children!
- i delight in christin, without whom this time of the year would be less exciting
- i delight in the christ child whom this season is all about
- i delight in christmas lights and how they make me feel little all over again
- i delight in christmases past, particularly the christmases i spent as a missionary that bring such happy memories to mind
- i delight in lunch with friends who i don't get to see enough
- i delight in a friend who can play my favorite song on the piano and let me sing it again and again and again
- i delight in my christmas tree and the history of its ornaments
- i delight in the anticipation of a new year and the memories of the past
- i delight in meeting up with a good friend and having one of those heart to heart chats
- i delight in seeing the excitement of my cousin's children over dollar christmas trees, paleontology kits and soccer balls
- i delight in hearing lb sing christmas songs off key like they're on key
- i delight in a hazelnut carmel steamer
- i delight in craig being excited over the presents that keep appearing in the stockings
- i delight in sleep
- i delight in socks
- i delight in making plans, big plans for the new year
- i delight in the christmas season!