Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I delight in assurances from the Lord.

I recently finished a study on assurances. I want to share a portion of it with you here.

The word "assure" stuck out to me while reading a general conference talk by Elder Boyd K. Packer from October 2013 entitled, The Key to Spiritual Protection." 

In his address, he quotes from 2 Timothy 3: 14, "But acontinue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;"

In this chapter of scripture, Paul has described the terrible conditions of the last days including wickedness, persecution and apostacy, but I love what he wraps it up with: continue in the things you have learned and have been assured of. 

To me, he's saying...don't you give up. Don't you ever think that Jesus isn't here for you. Don't you ever think that his Atonement isn't for you and that all can't be made right. Remember what you know and how you know what you know. Remember who taught you. Remember the experiences you've had and the things you have felt.  And in those times of despair, doubt, persecution, hardness or whatever it may be...don't forget what you know. Just trust. Rest assurred and move forward.

___________

1 comment:

  1. Hello Erin, So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog " Erin's Daily Delight" (My soul delights in the things of the Lord). and the post on it " I delight in the assurances from the Lord". Very encouraging thought on the assurances from the Lord and the reminder to God's people not to forget what you know and just to trust and rest assured and move forward. Well I liked your series of I delight in ........ and finding joy in the journey. Well I just would like to share with you an opportunity you can have of coming to Mumbai, India to work with us in the slums of Mumbai, India amongst poorest of poor to share the good news of Jesus Christ and give them new hope, future and purpose. I am in the Pasoral ministry for last 34yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to them with the love of Christ to bring healing to the borken hearted. We also encoaurage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come on a short term missions trip to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us. i am sure you will have a life changing experience. Here is my email id : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. May you have a joyous Christmas and a very Christ certered New Year.

    ReplyDelete