Tuesday, January 26, 2016

week 3: blank space



Needless to say, it was a crazy week. Everything worked out though. Including running a meeting Thursday which was interrupted with phone calls of people needing to get in my house. Fortunately, I have the nicest mom and siblings and understanding co-workers who helped make it all work out.

By the time Friday rolled around, I went to work, went to the wood connection (because priorities/sanity is in the right place!) and went home and worked on my craft project. Then I went and picked up AnnMarie and went to Provo! Obviously the best drive on a Friday night! Traffic wasn't too terrible. It was so fun to chat and catch up and see friend Joni! We had a delightful evening eating yummy food and chatting. Driving home from Provo late at night got me to thinking of just how many times I have made that drive from Provo north. I thought of all the wonderful memories of college and my grandparents and great-grandparents in Provo. I thought of all the family heritage I have in Provo. I'm so grateful for that funny college town and the experience of my years there as a student.

Saturday was a clean out day at Grandpa's house. A never-ending project. But also a "never can the whole family attend clean out day" again. Too many people. Too many emotional attachments. Too much stuff. Fortunately, this year I have a house to put stuff in so that's fun! The favorite things I came home with were a gum ball machine (the gum is as old as i am), a beautiful geode, some milk glass and tulips...but they were from my parents. Saturday night I went to a party with some coworkers. It was so fun! When we left, we drove home in a snowstorm! That was eventful! I called and thanked my parents for the snow tires they put on my car at the beginning of the winter. I wouldn't have made it home without them.

Sunday was lovely. We started new songs in choir and one of them is my MOST favorite song! Jesus, Lover of my Soul/Jesus, Savior Pilot Me! In my first area on my mission, we practiced this song in branch choir every week for almost the entire time I was there. We finally sang it a few weeks before I left the area. I took to searching the internet for it and now my ward is going to sing it in February! I'm so excited! :) I LOVE it! Sunday night I went home for dinner with the family. I have the best family!

And that was the wrap to an interesting week!

No comments:

Post a Comment