Friday, July 2, 2010

I delight in America.


Yesterday I delighted in Canada because it was Canada Day. I'd planned to do something very Canadian...make nanaimo bars, play lacross or try to make Donairs or something but I didn't end up doing any of that. So...instead I just reminisced about the Rock and Roll Festival I attended last year and had some of the most memorable experiences of my mission. Everyone came to us for 3 wonderful days and we saw everyone we'd ever met on the Miramichi.

SO how I'm on to loving America. It is always where my heart will be. I love to spend this holiday with family, its one of my favorites. I look forward to loving every second of the upcoming week. Things about America I love: The consititution, the history, the patriotism, the flag, the people, the beauty...so so much the list could go on.

Love every minute of the week and remember all the reasons we love our country.

2 comments:

  1. So I am from Canada but I have no idea what Donair is? What is it? Also, I am so excited for you to start grad school at the U in SLP. You will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A donair is kind of indescribable. Its a meat mixture cooked on a pole by a heat source (kind of like gyro if you're familiar with that) and then shaved off, put on a large pita, then covered with tomatoes, onions, cheese and donair sauce. Donair sauce is what makes it real interesting...its like a sweet/tangy garlicky sauce. Its definitely just an Atlantic Canada thing. I'll have to post a picture! :) And thanks...I'm excited about Graduate School too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete