Monday, July 16, 2012

I delight in trying.


***This is not our puppy, but we wish it were***

Yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity to teach Relief Society. I am grateful for the opportunity we have in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to teach fellow members of our congregation, to speak, to articulate our feelings, experiences, emotions and testimony.  

I'm always fairly certain I get more out of the experience than others, so I guess my love of teaching is partially selfish; however, I think mostly I appreciate the opportunity to learn something with others.  And so, as I taught on "How to Share the Gospel Effectively" I did a lot of thinking about how well I am sharing the gospel these days (insert guilt here). How disappointed Sister McQuivey would be/is in Post-Mission Sister McQuivey.  

But I'm grateful I can try again.  I realized that through some course corrections I could get back on track and it was so hopeful to me!  I'm so grateful that life is so full of hope, hope for the future, hope for the past, hope for the good things made possible through Christ.  

In other news, and on a similar subject, I'm so grateful that I can try to not be so shy.  I've really been having to work on this hard lately!  I've always said I am an extrovert masquerading as an introvert. This is particularly relevant when I'm in a new setting or around people I don't know very well (insert new work experience).  It takes me some time to break out of my shell and I'm trying to get there as fast as possible.  Over time I've learned to embrace this as just a part of who I am, but it doesn't mean that it isn't frustrating sometimes.  And so, here's to bravery, to being a little louder, being a little less serious. 

And while I'm not on the subject, but the pictures on the top are...isn't that puppy SO cute?  It's our awesome neighbor's dog and we love love love her.  Oh how my family could have a puppy all the time if Mom could stand it, and if we didn't have so many things they destroy in our back yard.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I just love your attitude, Erin! You are such a wonderful person. I also love the puppy!! Yay, puppies!

    ReplyDelete