Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I delight in kindness.

Today things went from bad to worse. My to-do list was doubled in a matter of a few hours and I developed this weirdy cough. I didn't feel well when I woke up this morning but then its gotten progressively worse throughout the day so much so that I willingly took Robitussin (the medicine I most despise--for its taste, it actually does work). And so now, I'm home, trying to get everything done and attempt not to cough and sleep ( like I so want to do).

The delight comes from sweet sweet classmates who are kind. Who take upon themselves extra things so you don't have to worry about them. Who tell you in the most kind ways that 'you look like crap and that you should probably go home' or that 'you look like you need some caffeine.' Delights come from kind people who agree to study with you and from people who forgive you when you confused the days and forgot you had set up to study with them. Delights come in the moments that people take the time to care about your life, to take out their earplugs and answer your questions. Delights come from this fantastic balance of give and take. Sometimes we are able to give more and sometimes we are blessed by all that is given.

No comments:

Post a Comment