Monday, May 2, 2011

I delight in the 3 special words.

At my house...we believe in these words. I love you. We say them often.

I've always very much appreciated living in a home where I love you is said on a daily basis. And if you spend the day with Christin, its said about 20 times (minimal). We say I love you in the serious times, the humorous times and sometimes completely out of the blue. We say it when someone needs to hear it and when they already know. Its said in the morning, afternoon, and evening before going to bed. The words I love you bring happiness to my heart and warmth to my soul.

As I reflect on life, I'm grateful to have these words in my vocabulary and to feel comfortable in telling people that I love them. Roommates, friends, extended family, its all the same. Being able to identify emotions and then convey them is a necessary ability in building happy and healthy relationships.

Where is this coming from? Yesterday after attending Music and the Spoken word, I took a stroll through a quilt exhibit at the Church History Museum. The picture above was taken there. Someone had constructed it from magnetic blocks meant for the children to play. It warmed my heart. I thought to myself...those words make me happy. Those words make me delight every single day of my life. My life is delightful because I am able to tell others how much they mean to me and I am blessed daily by people who share their feelings with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment