Thursday, March 1, 2012

I delight in a sister's love.

lb in her snuggie

I haven't talked much about LB (otherwise known as Christin, my little sister) in a while.

Since moving home back in December, LB has been adorable as ever. She often leaves me voicemails on my phone while I'm at work saying things like, "Sis, this is your "widdo" sis. I call you and, you not there. Please come home and give me hugs. Okay? I waiting for you!!!"

How can you not love that?

Well...there are times when you just don't want to be touched or hugged or told how much your missed. However, for the most part, 95% of the time, I love it! The thing I need the very most at the end of my day at my externship is a big smiling sis wiggling with her arms spread wide saying "hug me hug me hug me."

I could delight in something LB does or says every single day. In fact, Craig and I were talking just a few days ago about how happy we are to have such a happy little sister even though she does get a little annoying at times, right Craig? :)

All and all, I feel abundantly blessed to have someone under my same roof who has as much a capacity to love as Christin. It truly is a gift. When I think about far we could come as a people and as a world with a little more love toward our neighbors, our friends, our families and imagine a brightness. Christin has a brightness about her because of just how much she loves others. You can't help but smile.

And so, today, I delight in you my little lou. You make me happy and your hugs do to!

No comments:

Post a Comment