Monday, May 7, 2012

I delight in a good scripture study idea.


One of these days, I am going to post pictures from graduation...and talk about graduation, but not today.

No today I am going to talk about grad school and a lovely little thing I learned about called a "S.O.A.P. Note."  My colleagues and I always talked about how we had "soaps to write," "soaping to do," "how we had to go soap it up" and we often asked if another wanted to have a "soap party."  Of course I'm not talking about water, soap, lather, rinse, repeat...I'm talking about: Subjective Objective Assessment Plan.

Via Pinterest, I found this blog.  This woman talks about "How S.O.A.P. Changed [Her] Life."

For "S" she writes down a particular scripture verse or section.
For "O" she writes down her observations.
For "A" she writes out an application in her own life.
For "P" she writes out a prayer of response.

Now I do not believe this good sister in Christ shares my faith but I value and appreciate her sharing of this great scripture study tool.  What a great way to focus on the most important part of scripture reading--applying the scripture to your own life and seeking to know what He would have you learn.

Isn't that great!









2 comments:

  1. I love this SOAP idea!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had my final on SOAP notes! That is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete