Sunday, November 10, 2013

I delight in November.

4) I delight in kind words. Some people say the nicest things, precisely when you need someone to tell you nice things. When people do it for me, it always reminds me of the influence a sincere compliment, statement or observation can have on another person. It reminds me that I need to share the good I see in others with them.

5) I delight in friends for life. I have been blessed with some of the greatest friends. I'm highly convinced, no one has better girlfriends than I do. It was so happy to be reminded tonight of my good ole BYU days with the 183rd ward: the pranks, the jokes, the tacos, the frisbee, the adventures and the travels. and of course the best roommates a girl could ever ask for. Dinner with Nicki reminded me my BYU experience really happened (sometimes it feels like it was a lifetime ago) and that it was such a treasured experience in every way!

6) I delight in singing. I love to sing. I don't see much in public anymore besides church and ward choir but it still makes my soul soar to sing a happy song. Like disney songs, in the car, on the way to the gas station, with LB and my Dad. Two words: tone deaf. 3 words: i love it!!!

7) I delight in assurances. This latest Mormon Message was the perfect way to start my day about wrong roads. I delight in spending time with my mom and sister. I feel like I'm most "me" when I'm with them. I'm also so glad that I didn't imagine how terrifying Ursula was at Disney on Ice when I was little. Seeing things you saw as a child again in your 20's is completely entertaining.

8) I delight in good friends. My mission has brought so many people into my life who are now spread all across the world. I feel so incredibly blessed to have Jen as a friend.

9) I delight in people who care about me. I had the worst day. I was so fatigued and so grouchy. And then, I come home to the most thoughtful acts of caring friends. Friends who get me. Friends who care about me. Friends who love me. They're the sisters I never had. They are the sounding boards I so often need. They are the inspiration and examples that drive me to be better. I am eternally blessed!

10) I delight in a truly happy birthday. I was 'unenthused' about this birthday for so many reasons. Some more credible than others considering that half of them had to do with the "odd-numberness" of this birthday and my dislike for any multiples of 9. See what I mean about the credible factor? Anyway, I delighted in my 27 kisses on the cheek from my sweet sissy Christin. I delighted in calls, texts, facebook messages, balloons, emails, cards, cake, the list goes on and on. I felt so loved and I'm so grateful to be loved by so many great people. I also delighted in the messages of stake conference and the opportunities to be taught by wonderful people and by the Spirit. For all these things, I again just feel abundantly blessed. I also have such positive vibes and aspirations about what 27 holds for me. It makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment