Sunday, November 10, 2013

I delighted in my twenty-sixth year.

                                                


Dear twenty-sixth year, 
What a year we have had together. We hit the ground running and we've never stopped. There is only one word that describes the past year and that word is challenge. It's not challenge in the typical sense of the word, I feel like I have been challenged to decide where I stand on a lot of issues and who I am. My identity as a daughter of God has continued to grow as my primary identity. I am His and anyone else's after. I've learned so much about what really matters, who I am, who I want to be, and where I need to go. You have given me so much this year! You gave me trips to the cabin to relish in all the beauty of my favorite place. You took me to Washington DC to present research at CAAI and learn independence traveling solo in a large city. You took me to Salt Lake almost every Friday to learn more about how to help the pediatric patients and their families that I get to work with, see and love. You gave me experience in a job that I become more passionate about everyday. You gave me so many new people, especially my "kiddos" to love who are full of light and potential. They bless me and inspire me everyday of my life! You gave me mentors, relationships, friends and peers; people who are such examples to me and who have guided me to think outside the box, stretch myself my skills and my knowledge. You gave me a fantastic trip to Portland to meet my little nephew, see my bosom friend and adventure in a new state. You gave me beautiful babies! I'm so grateful for three particular little ones who I have the chance to love and be their Auntie Erin. You gave me the opportunities to stay put in a living situation, this has been a challenge but much more of a blessing than I could have ever imagined. You gave me "sister time" "double kisses" "hug me, hug me, hug me", a week with my sibs, the opportunity to be loved and to love my family more deeply. You gave me the opportunity to spend time with, learn with, dine with, eat ice cream with and learn with my dearest friends. I'm so incredibly grateful for the good friends I have and who bless my life in every way! You brought early morning temple trips to Brigham City, stops at sonic for dirty diet cokes and visits to my grandparents. You brought bravery by signing up for my trip of a lifetime which my twenty-seventh year will get to experience.  You brought learning. You brought the opportunity to serve in two different callings. You challenged me to do more, to be more, to rely more on my Heavenly Father and to trust Him and to trust Him completely. You challenged me in ways I never expected, but its all brought progress. I've experienced high highs, low lows and everything in between. I am overwhelmed with the love, support, encouragement and hope this year has brought. What a memorable 365 days even though it only feels like the blink of an eye. You have truly taught me the value of agency, choosing joy,  acting more intentionally when I think more eternally and being consistent about my scripture study habits. You've truly taught me that "worry ends where faith begins."                                                  ......cheers, erin  

No comments:

Post a Comment