Saturday, January 11, 2014

a year to thrive


2014 is going to be a great year, because it already is and because i decided so.

every year i pick a word to live by (i guess you could say). a word that reminds me what i really want to do during the year and how i want to focus my life. last year's word was focus which is highly ironic in many ways. last year i felt like i was pulled in every direction imaginable with various obligations and decisions but i felt like i was also able to begin with the end in mind and come out surviving and somewhat focused (there could be some debate on that one!).

i like the juxtaposition of survive and thrive. i have been in an overall survivial mode for too long now. grad school, life after grad school with lend. this year though, this is my year to not just survive, but to learn to thrive.

and thrive i will do. i decided other words that really coincide with thriving in the way i want to involve:
changing for good. stressing less. playing more. having real intent to obligate myself to less unnecessary things and commit myself to the most important and essential things. taking care of myself in every way. respecting myself and my body and the gifts god has given me and doing what i should with them. loving life a little more. living with more vulnerability. being more willing to do new things. to go confidently in the direction of my dreams and live the life i've imagined (thoreau with an erin twist). doing things i've always wanted to do. getting in and staying in the best spiritual shape of my life. deciding that now is the time to do something rather than putting it off. spending more quality time with people and places that mean the most to me. living a more transparent life, more clear about what my priorities are that they can be seen by the way i live my life...how i spend my time, the words i say, and the things i do. thriving is living more in the moment, worrying less and being where you are.

so here's to a brand new year.
here's to new adventures.
more growth.
more adventures.
and more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment