Friday, January 24, 2014

I delight in light.

I'm really good at writing things and deleting them. It's been happening all week. I so want to bear my soul to you but I clearly recognize that this is not the time, nor place. But here's what I do have to say and what I do have to share.  


I am grateful for sunshine. But I'm even more grateful for the shadows that prove the sunshine is there. I'm grateful to know what is wrong so I can know what is right.  I'm grateful for hard times because I treasure the good times more fully. I'm grateful to know what it is like to be unclean so I can appreciate being cleansed. I'm grateful to know tribulation so I can appreciate calm. I'm grateful to have experienced anxiousness so I can feel peace.  I'm grateful to have experienced pain so I can appreciate feeling good. I'm grateful to experience sadness so I can seek happiness. 

I delight in experiencing both sides of the spectrum. I am especially grateful today to my Savior Jesus Christ, for the infinite virtue of his great atoning sacrifice. To know that everything that is unfair about life can be made right through Him. To know that He has provided a way for us to return home to live with our Heavenly Father. I'm grateful He experienced such pain, sorrow and grief so that we can one day be redeemed from the things of the world and be cleansed in preparation to return home to God. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment