Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I delight in the ability to let it go.


Today I went visiting teaching. I remember on my mission, Elder Jay E. Jensen of the Presidency of the Seventy came to speak at the New Brunswick Stake Conference. In a special meeting with all the missionaries he shared this insight:

"You know what 4 years of doctorate work taught me? It can be summed up in 4 words..."We teach to learn."

Every time I teach, I learn, hence visiting teaching...me learning.


My favorite line:
"Many blessings in life are missed because worldly judgement was applied to what was really a spiritual decision."

As I have pondered this line today I have realized that doing this can make all the difference. Its so easy to make everything a physical/temporal/worldly decision, to completely disregard the spiritual aspect however the spiritual aspect is always present. In some cases not as strongly as others but it is always always present. The question is if we give heed to it.

Let go of the world and focus on getting, keeping and acting on the Spirit. That's the key. That's what I am going to try and seek more of every day of my life. I say try because somedays I will inevitably forget and get caught up in the worldly but I know I'll always come back and hopefully I'll be coming back more often and staying longer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment