Monday, May 17, 2010

I delight in happies.

pic from a high school musical party for kids with ds at east high school in 2008

There was a woman I taught on my mission (I spent 18 months as a missionary for my church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in the maritime provinces of Canada) who, when she got really excited would say..."Oh I has a happies." And sometimes I find myself thinking "I has a happies too!" Lots of happies happen on Monday nights.

My little sis performs in a group of about 25 kids with down syndrome. Now most of them aren't actually kids in terms of age but they are kids in terms of heart. They love to dance, they love to love and to be loved, and they love high school musical...all of them! Tonight as I sat watching with a perma-grin on my face I couldn't help but be reminded that happiness is a choice. Its a choice we make in every choice we make. My happies come from seeing other people have happy moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment