Friday, January 14, 2011

I delight in good-night.


Craig always says good night to my parents before he goes to bed. The three of us can be sitting in the same room and the scenario almost always plays out as follows:

Craig: I'm going to bed. Goodnight Mom, goodnight dad.

Yep, I was in the room too but do I ever get a "goodnight erin?" No. Okay, that's a lie. 3 times I believe he has said, Goodnight Erin and every time its brought me great joy (so much so that I remember that its only been 3 times!)

Miracle moment! Tonight, I'm sitting on the floor in the family room after watching James and the Giant Peach with my family (because that's what Christin wanted to do on her birthday after dinner.) Mom's upstairs putting LB to bed, Dad's outside plowing snow and me? I'm sitting here currently writing this but previously and post-this I will be returning to my homework. Anyway, Craig comes down the stairs and continues down the stairs to his room when all of a sudden (out of no where) he walks back up 3 of the stairs and leans just far enough to see me and says those blessed words I love to hear: "goodnight erin."

Permanent smile. I can continue my language sample with happiness in my heart. I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment