Sunday, January 30, 2011

I delight in "Christin-isms."

christin trying on boots at payless. almost looks like an advertisement doesn't it!

I'm not sure I've ever shared a 'Christin-ism' on this site. If I have, its been a while since I've posted one. Christin--also known as LB, is my little sister and one of my favorite people in the whole world. She makes me laugh all the time! And so, here's the latest 'Christin-ism."

setting: I was sitting at the table, reading a research article. Christin came to sit on my knee (just one of the reasons I can't study at home--which is okay by me, he he). And so, here's the conversation that happened:

me: (reading silently to myself an article about Communication)
Christin: oh i know what that says...
me: oh really? what does it say?
Christin: C is for tosco, O is for tosco, M is for tosco, M is for tosco, U is for tosco, N is for tosco, I is for tosco, C is for tosco, A is for tosco, T is for tosco, I is for tosco, O is for tosco, N is for tosco.
me: oh Christin, you are so smark (our inside joke from another Christin-ism moment).
Christin: i know sis.

Now, you maybe confused. Let me explain. When she says 'tosco' she really means Costco. She saw the big C little o on my paper about Communication and recognized the first two letters of Costco! I thought it was hilarious. As I continued reading and turned the page, she found more 'communications' and did the whole 'is for tosco' routine over and over again. It was so adorable. I hope that is the message that has come across in this!

I haven't been delighting much lately but that's going to change. Delighting helps heal my heart from the crazy stress of graduate school. And so, delight with me! Share your delights in the comments! Let's delight together!

1 comment:

  1. she is so smart! and so humble :)

    today i am delighting in a warm fleece coat and having clean teeth after a much needed visit to the dentist!

    ReplyDelete