Thursday, January 20, 2011

I delight in my good dog.


Yesterday was a sad day at my house. Lucky, the best dog ever, passed away. I am grateful for kind surrounding classmates who offered their hugs and dog stories to help me feel better. I delight in the wonderful memories surrounding this dog. Cuddling with her every night when I was in Junior High and she was just a puppy, going on walks with her most nights while in high school, and enjoying her company during our summer night campfires.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I am so sorry!! That is so hard when you lose those truly loved pets. I've had to "put down" two very important and very loved dogs in my life. You miss them so much and they ALWAYS have a very special place in your heart. Good luck with the adjustment of not having Lucky meet you when you make visits back home. The pain will eventually go away, though, and you are left only with those happy memories of a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete