Thursday, September 1, 2011

I delight in the feel good files.


Sometimes people just say the right thing at the right time. Lately, I feel I've been the recipient of kind words and I'm very grateful. Kind words can go a long way.

Today my home teacher came over and read me this month's home teaching message. He seemed surprised when my comments seemed like I'd already read it, yep...I only had 31 previous days to read it and I've already sat through my parents home teaching lesson so don't be surprised if I read it. I love the message though and I'm happy to hear it any time. I've wanted to count how many times the word love is mentioned in that compilation of quotes from President Monson.

I haven't counted but the answer is a lot. Something my home teacher shared with me is that a visiting authority on his mission told them something to the effect that there would be no hermits in the celestial kingdom. Warning: that is not church doctrine but I liked it! It makes sense though right? Communication is at the root of what connects us as a people. Expressively and receptively its the give and take, its how we learn and grow. Its is a means of good in our lives or at least can be.

I've been reminded as kind words have been spoken to me that I must share the kind words I think in my head. The excuse that 'they must know' or 'its so obvious' just won't do. Never suppress a generous thought.

***What does the picture have to do with anything? Don't be an ankle biter and save the souls who might get eaten. Ruby's run in with Chip on the island. Chip was a lost dog a long way from home, who didn't seem to recognize home when we got him there.

No comments:

Post a Comment