Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I delight in allowance.

Today I got some pretty thrilling news.  I passed my last class of grad school AND I had a pretty fantastic job interview with a verbal job offer!  As a result of these two events, I have been thinking about all sorts of new things today that made me really excited.

After a while, I thought, "Wow, all these thoughts are making me so happy!  Why wasn't I thinking about these things before?"  And that's when it occurred to me, I couldn't/didn't allow myself think these things until I 1) Knew my grade was good enough to graduate (because I'm a worrier about all things legit and not so much) and 2) Had a pretty secure job offer.  Now that I have both those things, I have finally allowed myself to think beyond what I have been letting myself think of (the aforementioned 1 and 2).  I have not been thinking about actually working as an SLP (for money with benefits), moving, shopping, traveling, or any of those things that I am now allowing myself to think of since I know in due time its all going to finally come around.  So many good options are out there!  I'm so excited!

Since this "ah-ha" I have been debating whether my' waiting to allow myself to divulge in these thoughts of the future' was a good thing.  Not that I can change it, I think its just how I handle such situations.  However I now hope I am able to face things with a much needed different perspective, especially since real life is ahead, facing me full on.


And so, here's to what is ahead.
Here's to allowing myself to look to the future with hope and not reservation.
Here's to great adventures of all sorts.  There are still a lot of decisions to be made, but that's not the part I'm worried about.  Prayer works.  Trying on decisions is the way I've figured a lot of things in the past and I'm grateful for God's consistency of character in allowing me to recognize Him in the ways I always have.

Life begins at the intersection.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you cuz! You've done so many wonderful things! I'll be to your graduation bbq for sure. Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the good grade and the job offer!! I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete