Sunday, April 22, 2012

I delight in Sunday.


Today was a really good day.  It is always good when you can start the day feeling you were where you were supposed to be.  And it only got better from there.

Yesterday I ran across some of my "lessons learned" that I wrote down at the end of my mission.  My mission president counseled us to write down the things we learned within the first 3 days of our leaving to go back home.  Our "lessons" were supposed to be little one liners, 'snippets' of truth.  I have shared some lessons from the mission and since then previously on the blog (see label entitled: lessons).  As I read through the list yesterday I thought...oh dear.  There are so many little things that have seemed to go by the wayside over the past 2 years.  Little things I learned, tried to commit myself to always doing, that I somehow seemed to have forgotten.

One of the most powerful things I read yesterday was a lesson taught me by President himself.  He said, "Your spiritual life is only as good as your prayers and scripture study."  Today I have reflected a lot on that.  I am so grateful that in the gospel of Jesus Christ, we believe and know that change is possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Today I am also really grateful for family.
Really grateful for family.
Here are a few pictures from tonights post-dinner fire.
 Favorite Christin quote of the day: "I have legs Sis!"
 A few of the surviving tulips.  So beautiful!
 Rubes and Penny.
 Craig and Rubes.
 My first roasted milkyway of the season.  YUM!
My favorite mountain and my favorite view of it!
My favorite new picture of Ruby and I.  Don't let this "angel puppy" picture mislead you.  Sometimes she is a "naughty puppy" like right now...as she barks incessantly outside. 

2 comments:

  1. lovely ladies! so cute. thanks for the bit of wisdom about your spiritual life and scripture study/prayers...i need to remind myself of that often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good lesson to be reminded of, especially since my formal prayers and my scripture study have all but disappeared since Lukas was born! I need to somehow get back to it!

    I love the pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete