Friday, June 22, 2012

yet another week



southern utah collection 
kane county building, kanab
zions national park
kolob reservoir
june 2012

Monday, which would be my first day, will not be my first day.  I'm not delighting in that.  I was so excited to start my first real job.  But alas, I've decided I really have to seize this last week of play time. So, here's to exercising, photography, institute, cooking, family history, adventuring, temple tripping, playing with LB, kayaking, fishing and anything else that blows my way.  

Last week, the whole fam went on vacation to St. George.  More about that later but we had a blast!

In other news, I've been thinking a lot about the future lately.  I seem to have misplaced the goals I wrote for myself this year.  That is a bad sign.  I believe in goals and usually I post them on my wall, but since I moved, I guess that never happened?  One of my goals this week is to find them because I feel like I'm so much more motivated and directed (especially in all this 'free' time) when I remember what I want long term.  Even though I have been a big believer in goals practically as long as I can remember, now when I think about goals, I think of this quote from Elder Ballard, found in Preach My Gospel (Chapter 8).

“I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life.”
– ELDER M. RUSSELL BALLARD TALK GIVEN TO SALT LAKE AREA YOUNG ADULTS, OCT. 18, 1981



No comments:

Post a Comment