Saturday, January 26, 2013

a month in


as anyone who knows me knows, i'm pretty big on goals. i really don't think we get anywhere in life without them. my relationship with goal making has been like an elastic over the years--we're always together but sometimes stretched far apart. meaning that at times, the goals were only in my head while at other times, they were clearly defined, written down and posted. i've gone back to the defined, written down and posted this year. it has been great. not terribly successful by my high and hopeful standards for myself, but its been great in that my goals are things i believe in and i think they are realistic (at least to some point).

about a month into the new year though, i really like to reflect on my goals and the one month of progress and ask myself the following questions...what is working? what is not working? how can i change to make it work? are these goals really going to help me get to where i want to go, or in other words, do i have the right focus? and last, what is top priority meaning...i can sometimes get so overwhelmed with all the goals that i meet none of the goals...this is a practice to be avoided of course. so i try and select a goal that is the top priority, something that is going to impact the other goals, help them to work, to happen and to become a reality.

and so we're a month in.  and oh goodness...we've got some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment