Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I delight in 2012.

At the beginning of this year, I had no idea what or where the end of this year would bring me. This time last year I was still in graduate school, just starting externships and applying for jobs working with adults in different states!  All I knew and hoped is that this year would bring me to where I was supposed to be. What a broad hope!  I'm so blessed it has become actualized in a fantastic way. Different and better than I ever could have thought. 

...::: Highlights from 2012 include :::...
--3 amazing externships in three fantastic locations: mckay-dee acute/inpatient, stewart rehab outpatient and weber school district with supervisors who have not only been fantastic mentors but dear friends--
--went through the interview process: networking, networking networking; writing a hundred resumes, cover letters and curriculum vitaes; getting letters of recommendation; filling out applications and actually interviewing via skype, phone, in person and at the end of a long long drive--
--got job offers--  -- achieving my bucket list goal of getting a master's degree was accomplished when i got my MS in Speech-Language Pathology-- --finished Mom's book of our trip to my mission (finally)--  --starting my first real grown up job doing what i love with a population i love--
--spent time in st. george x2, once for an interview, once for fun with the fam--- --tuachaan x2--
--island park (sick as a dog) with nat-- --took a sewing class-- --sewed all sorts of things--
--enjoyed and photographed the beautiful leaves in mantua-- --four-wheel ride to willard peak--
--started urlend fellowship--  --threw a baby shower-- --took a concealed carry class--
--bought a laminator-- went to the monticello temple-- --switchfoot concert with mom--
--finally went to arch canyon and the dark canyon wilderness--
--achieved my bucket list goal of doing a session in every temple in utah--
--brigham city temple open house-- --ran a half marathon, again--
--president and sister simpson's homecoming--  --another mission reunion-- --held my greenie's baby--
--cabin trip with dad and craig-- --filmed ruby climb a tree-- 
--went kayaking every saturday i could-- --attended my cuz's wedding-- --institute with friends--
--breakfast at huntsman with mary as grown-ups with jobs-- --changed wards--
--took two cake decorating classes-- --started a monthly quilting group--
--spent lots of 'sister time' with LB-- --took totes of pictures--
--tried really hard to become more flexible--


No comments:

Post a Comment