Saturday, January 12, 2013

I delight in knowing God's plan.


today, i've felt guilty for laughing because i knew my oldest and dearest friend was crying. my heart has been heavy today since i heard the news that my dear friend carly's sweet husband mike passed away. i feel like something this tragic could (and should) only happen in movies. pregnant with twins after 6 years of marriage. there's no doubt in my mind that mike won't always be close by, it will just be beyond hand's touch and eye's glance but never beyond heart's feel.

as i have thought and prayed, pondered and wondered, i have been humbled by the goodness of the gospel. i'm not sure how one copes with death of a loved one without the knowledge of god's plan. see there is no doubt in my mind that our heavenly father has a plan, an excellent plan of happiness and salvation for all his children which includes each one of us. it makes me grateful to know that i have indeed signed up for the entire plan, not just part of that plan. it also makes me grateful to know that we can choose faith over fear and despair.

i am grateful to have known mike and for the wonderful example he and carly have been to me. carly was my first close friend to get married. he set the standard high in terms of seeing how good a man of my comparable age, can be to his wife. he loves her with everything he has and it is easy to see. he is so gentle, so caring, so kind. we love you mike!


No comments:

Post a Comment