Sunday, March 10, 2013

delighting in 10/52



What a week it has been. I think I'm going to be exhausted by it for a while. Recuperation is not in sight with the running to do list I've got going but so is the life.  Better busy than bored, I always say. I'm starting to wonder if that mantra is just asking me to lead a more unbalanced life.  Enter: me needing a new mantra.

If you're wondering what is with the picture, well let me tell you. One day this week I was up at 4:30, in Salt Lake at 6:30 and I didn't get home until...well 9-ish. Needless to say, it had been one long day. I was so tired and honestly quite emotional from it all. I went downstairs to find this...my bed, nicely made by my sweet sissy. It meant the world to me. She just knows how to serve in the most sincere and charitable ways. It was definitely a delight this week.

Other delights:

  • dancing with my friends at PALS, teaching one what the word behind means
  • getting my taxes back and being pretty pleased about it
  • going to litza's and disney on ice with my mom and christin
  • my disney on ice cup
  • hugs from happy patients in moments of high delight!
  • running errands with LB, finding adorable red martha stewart binders for 50 cents each! steal!
  • going on a walk
  • wandering around the engineering building at 6:30 in the morning
  • being excited about research
  • closing the survey down for lend
  • loving my research group
  • having dinner with a grad school friend
  • having a chill out night with a life long friend
  • reading alma 36-37-38
  • calendaring: monthly and weekly planning
  • easter candy
  • the time change...more daylight!
  • having best friends
  • doing family history work, finding names...finally!
  • classic christin quotes
  • bonding with the brother over 5:00 am fire alarms
  • listening to i love lucy playing in the other room
  • sleep
  • crossing things off the long long long to do list
  • listening to my favorite playlist: comfort and joy

No comments:

Post a Comment