Sunday, March 3, 2013

delighting in 9/52



This weekend, I flew solo at home for a few days. It was such a different change of pace then I'm use to. It gave me a lot of quiet time which I need every once in a while.

I delighted in a lot of things this week--a new month, a trip to a favorite store, running into a neighbor i never usually see, a two hour long phone call with a friend, a new ensign to read and love, new books to read, learn and ponder, institute, saying "whatever" in a whole new way, alma 37, watching sound and fury,  catching the bigger vision of lend and feeling inspired by it, early morning temple trip, going to a favorite store of mine, running into an old friend, accidentally walking into a funeral with a bright shiny wedding gift, catching up with a great old roommate and dear friend, making my favorite frozen lunch meal, having dinner with friends, sleep, the opportunity to serve and lift where I stand.

It was a long week, a short weekend but just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment