Saturday, October 3, 2015

I delight in a world where there are Octobers.

 thank you anne, and pinterest


October 1, 2015--I delight in feeling loved and supported. 
It was a go-go-go-go day. When it finally slowed down late that evening at a traffic light...I was delighted and surprised to see one of my dearest friends and former roommates sitting in her car next to me with a big smile on her face. Of the many cars traveling on Foothill, what are the chances? That's right...its not chance, it was a blessing. And one of the most tender blessings the Lord could bestow that very day. I have been blessed with such choice people in both my personal and professional life. People that have spanned the ages and stages of life so far and we've still got so far to go.

October 2, 2015--I delight in being physically able and happy hearted.
I woke up with a big to-do list. The fam went to Island Park but I stayed behind in an attempt to make my house an organized space. After spending a morning painting, I ran errands and essentially packed my car with things that have been collecting on my list for the past week and a half. I was so grateful to find some great rugs on sale at Target! Rugs are expensive...okay houses are expensive but so are all the things that go in them! While there are many things I can live without...I love sitting on the floor too much to deprive myself of something soft to sit on. As I returned home, painted more, I listened to Women's Conference. I hadn't had a chance to tune in the week before due to Christin's swim meet. As I stood in my garage and painted...my heart swelled at just how the Lord knows my heart and knows exactly what I needed to hear. I don't even know who said what because it all just ran together for me but the point I took away was...Don't look at your life with just mortal eyes. This life is not a time for all blessings to be realized but a time for us to prepare to meet God, there to receive all He hath. Don't let your happiness be conditional on the realization of those blessings in this life and in your time frame.

While I know those aren't the words that were shared, the Spirit shared them with my heart and it just buoy's me up in ways I can't even express. As I stood there listening in my garage...I just thought...once again, I know this is where I'm supposed to be right now. I'm so grateful for that feeling and knowledge!

October 3, 2015--I delight in hearing the word of the Lord through His Prophets and Apostles. 
I love General Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment