Sunday, February 7, 2016

week 5: a beacon to the world

peggy's cove lighthouse
july 2010
nova scotia

Time literally flew by this week! It was my Ogden week so I spent a fair bit of time on the road. By the end of the week, I finally went to the library to get myself a library card for the first time in 7 years! I'm embarrassed to say it has been that long. But I'm happy to say that the deed is done and I am now an active library card user! Wahoo! Roaming a new library is like making a new friend. I'm really excited. I also checked out some audiobooks so I can make my time in the car a little more productive and so it can help me reach my book goals!

I had the opportunity to go to ward temple night on Wednesday. I really love my ward and being in the house of the Lord with them just makes me happy! It's so fun gathering at Bishop's house after to enjoy treats and one another's company. There were some classic conversations that went down that totally made my night!

Thursday, I got to play with my ward again! We went down to the Provo on a bus! The fancy chartered kind, to go to the Provo City Center Temple Open House. It was lovely! I really enjoyed it! I'm intending to write an entire post about the experience I had and impressions I had. It was truly a choice, lovely experience!

Friday I attempted to tackle my ginormous to-do list. It was great but also a little challenging. When I finally got home from errands around 11 I'd been to Walmart, Target, Costco, work and Sonic. Whew! Needless to say the rest of the day was a go, go, go kind of day. The evening was my favorite part though because I had Nicole and AnnMarie over for dinner (GF and DF) and crafting. We had a blast! It was so fun to chill and chat and just thoroughly enjoy the company and the mishaps of crafting (which are always inevitable). I also really love giving tours of my house, even though I'm always reminded that I need to finish hanging things up. I also need to determine what my next focus project will be now that the windows are in and the immediate need curtains are finally in place including the very long curtain rod which I hung by myself with the use of my power drill. Yes...I know...so proud!

Saturday I went home so my parents could go to the temple open house. CC and I, along with Sven and Olaf, went to 7-11 for the Saturday Slurpee and then on to the Willard ride. I always have to laugh when I think about how much I hated Craig's rides as a child and how much I love them now. We had a great time together. We fixed lunch, I worked on my presentation, Christin and I snuggled and might have napped. When the parents got home, we had dinner and then I headed out. I stopped at Target to get some curtains (because all I do, I swear is buy things and then return them half the time) but this time I will only return 1 curtain and keep the other 2) and since I was so close to Nat's I had to stop and play. 

I love being Aunt Erin. It's quickly becoming my favorite roll. Especially because Porter loves to play almost as much as I do. I can't wait till Clarke can join in a little more actively; however, I'll keep him as my cuddle bug for as long as he'll allow. 

And today, today has been great. I love Sunday's that are just as relaxing as they should be. Choir is my favorite, my calling brings so much happiness to my soul and I really love my ward. I've been able to study, sing, worship, read, write and reflect...everything a great Sunday needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment