Saturday, February 4, 2017

morning impressions

Yesterday I woke up with a distinct impression in mind. "Go to Lee's, buy fritters, and take them to your neighbors (specific neighbors came to mind)."

This isn't the first time this has happened but, the impression seemed unique.

So, I thought about it for a while. Went through my monthly planning process. And with my week plan and my meal plan committed to paper...it was time to run errands and go to the bank. I discovered a closer branch of my bank which, just happened to put me within 2 miles of the new Lee's Grocery Store. So...taking a new route, I headed to the store. I've grown up with this grocery store close to my parents house and I know that when I find myself home on Friday mornings, we often make a "fritter Friday run."

Needless to say, I grocery shopped, bought extra fritters and went on my way back home. An hour after leaving the grocery store, I eventually wound up home, after a lovely visit with my neighbors.

Now I'll never know why and that's okay. I don't need to. But I have thought a lot about why would the Lord want me to buy fritters and take them to my neighbors. I'm not sure I'll ever know the answer but you know what, it didn't matter. It doesn't matter. I felt good and knew it was time well spent. So it goes. When we go on the Lord's errand, we don't know the details. And I don't think we need to. It served as an excellent reminder that the Lord helps us be where we need to be. We don't need the rest of the story.

1 comment: