Saturday, August 28, 2010

I delight in the being.


What a week it has been. No words could ever describe it.
I have learned a lot. And for that...I am grateful.
Even though life is hard, I think I forget it's not necessarily a bad thing.
Hard does not equal bad.
It equals learning.
When the path is one least resistance, do you even think twice about it?
Do you remember it? Not as well as you should
Are you grateful for it?
Not typically in the moment, usually not till later, when things get hard again and you think back and say to yourself...Oh, remember how one time life wasn't this difficult...that was nice.

With school starting, it seems there are more things that must be decided, more choices to be made, more forks in the road when you have to decide...right or left?
I am once again surrounded by the world and yet find myself alone.
Its the first time I've been alone in about 2 years...between the mission and living with my family...I haven't really had the chance to be alone.

Suddenly I am. And I have mixed emotions about it.
I have always enjoyed being by myself and I still treasure time alone, however; now more than ever I realize how grateful I am for people. I am grateful for good, genuine friends.
People make such a difference in our lives.
They're in our lives for a reason bringing something we must learn
(a little Wicked there for ya!).

Something else I have learned and thought about recently is time.
This week I've spent a lot of 'dead' time. Time standing waiting for the bus, time sitting on the bus, time walking to class, time waiting for my panini maker to heat up, just time to think. And all this thinking has helped me realize...how we have to make every moment count by living in that particular moment.

Life can change so quickly. There will always be things going on in life that aren't in our control. Things don't work out the way we want sometimes. People are there, and then they're gone. We move, change, and carry on through it all. It is imperative to find joy in our present circumstances, not just wishing away today for tomorrows ideal. Enjoy life. Take time to smell the roses, take a picture, read the sign, walk a little out of your way to pick up litter, say hello, talk to the sad looking person on the bus, make the phone call, leave a note letting someone know you thought about them.

Its the little things that make the difference in life. I truly don't think we know the potential impact we can have on another persons life. Be who you want to be. And find joy in the journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment