Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I delight in laughter.

There were a lot of funny moments in my day today...
-driving back to Salt Lake after few hours of sleep
-trying to read when my eyes were closed
-waiting for a really late bus
-being terrified of the dog that was roaming around the bus stop
-having a library orientation by a man with major ute pride...i'm not sure i'll ever get used to it
-learning about 'the arc'
-riding home on the bus (public transportation= entertaining. always.)
-spending more hours at the hospital than anticipated and seeing WAY too many people i know.
-laughing at all the places i made wrong turns when i drove anywhere yesterday
-realizing that everything i learned in an entire semester back in 06 could be summarized in a 60 page chapter in my current textbook

The key to life at the moment: "if you don't laugh...you'll cry...so laugh and delight always."


Now for a message concerning my last post.
The question asked was concerning my last post on 'living in the now.' Let me clarify. I am in no way advocating the idea of "eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die (2 Nephi 28) by saying that we ought to live our best life now." All I'm trying to say is what President Monson once said (and of course, he said it better than I ever could
," The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it."

No comments:

Post a Comment