Thursday, October 14, 2010

I delight in following the moon.


Last night I drove back to Salt Lake. Seeing as home is not that far away from Salt Lake, I tend to make the drive late at night. As I drove south on somewhat of an empty freeway, there was a point between 31st street and roy where I got to drive straight toward the moon. A bright crescent moon glowing on the backdrop of a black fall night sky. As I drove I tried to find further significance in following this 'glowing light of the night' and of course, it wasn't too hard to do. I thought about following the light of the world, the Savior and about His doctrine, the doctrine of Christ (as found particularly in 2 Nephi 31, something we discussed at institute this week). I am so grateful for a light to follow, a path to happiness, a way to joy, a place of peace.

"The restored gospel of Jesus Christ is a way of life. It is not for Sunday only. It is not something we can do only as a habit or a tradition if we expect to harvest all of its promised blessings. 'Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap' (Galatians 6:7)."

-Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Have We Not Reason to Rejoice?" Ensign, Nov. 2007, 20


No comments:

Post a Comment