Thursday, October 7, 2010

I delight in peace.

palmyra, new york temple


"Diligently doing things that matter most will lead us to the Savior of the World."

There are lots of things that pull for our attention and efforts. School, work, family, finances, health conditions, and the list goes on and on. Its not hard to fill our lives with stuff, important or otherwise. In fact, we hardly have to do anything to see our days and our time can get scheduled in and booked up.

While I could go into how this applies to MY life, I'll spare you. Let's just say I've felt really unbalanced lately. However, my delight today is centered in the peaceful reminders from a loving Heavenly Father about balance.
And balance brings peace. And peace makes Erin happy (yes, sometimes I refer to myself in third person).

This weekend I got to watch General Conference. Its a semi-annual meeting in my church when we get to hear from the Prophet of God. It was just what I needed. And just in case what I needed to hear is what you needed to hear...below I shared one of my favorite parts with you! President Uchtdorf is talking about important relationships we need to have:

"First, our relationship with God is most sacred and vital. We are His spirit children. He is our Father. He desires our happiness. As we seek Him, as we learn of His Son, Jesus Christ, as we open our hearts to the influence of the Holy Spirit, our lives become more stable and secure. We experience greater peace, joy, and fulfillment as we give our best to live according to God’s eternal plan and keep His commandments.

We improve our relationship with our Heavenly Father by learning of Him, by communing with Him, by repenting of our sins, and by actively following Jesus Christ, for “no man cometh unto the Father, but by [Christ].”10 To strengthen our relationship with God, we need some meaningful time alone with Him. Quietly focusing on daily personal prayer and scripture study, always aiming to be worthy of a current temple recommend—these will be some wise investments of our time and efforts to draw closer to our Heavenly Father. Let us heed the invitation in Psalms: “Be still, and know that I am God."

-----President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Peace comes from balance. Balance comes from being wise in how you spend your time. Spending time developing my relationship with God is a wise investment of my time, no matter how busy life is. :)
JOY. Jesus. Others. Yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment