Monday, December 6, 2010

I delight in here.

pic by me (as usual) in the magical place on temple square

I live life in trends.
A few trends that have dominated lately are:
forgiveness
isaiah
'she will do great things'
giving gifts to my Savior
reality: who you really are
Mary Poppins
exercise
You may be confused.
Don't.
My mind is a crazy place. Lots of different brain waves going on!
While they may all seem unrelated they aren't in my mind. I'm grateful the Lord needs me here. I'm excited about all the lessons he is teaching me simultaneously.
I am grateful for the reality of forgiveness. I love what President Packer said in general conference regarding this subject: "You must come to know that forgiveness means forgiveness." We can't be rearview navigators. The atonement looks forward not backward. You have a spotless future and I do too.
Isaiah, well he continues to teach me a lot. Today, at 5:30 in the morning, I read a chapter I didn't necessarily understand...roots, branches, it was early. But as I pondered, determined to come up with something, I learned that God has a place for us all and he is mindful of each one of us and will be active in helping us to get to whatever place it is that we need to be if we are doing our part.
And this is a lesson I left out in the list above...its ALL about your heart. If you feel your heart isn't in it but you don't know what to do about it? God heals hearts. I've recently experienced it and I'm grateful for that reality.
'She will do great things'--this one is a bit hard to explain. Simply put...'my life has a gift, my life has a plan, my life has a purpose in heaven it began.' Its a song I remember my mom's Merrie Miss group singing when I was little. I never remember singing it myself but that first line never left me. Its true for each one of us.
Giving gifts to the Savior, well in the past 48 hours, I've heard 3 different people talk about it. Its something I'm going to do this year.
Reality, well don't doubt your heart. And don't get tossed about by every wind of the sea...somethings ARE just as ridiculous as the seem.
Mary Poppins, another common reference lately. I do love Mary Poppins!
Finally, exercise. I discovered I can read and do the elliptical at the same time. It was a fabulous discovery.

All and all...I'm grateful to be here and by here I mean exactly here, in Salt Lake, in my apartment, in my ward, in my program, in my classes, in my social group, in my family, in my institute class, all the 'in's' i could possibly be! To be learning the lessons I'm learning. I'm grateful Salt Lake is where I'm supposed to be. I'm grateful for this wonderful holiday season which I will soon more fully enjoy in my post finals life (less than 2 weeks away!). I'm grateful for the love and conversation of good family and friends. I'm grateful for prayers.
Overall, I just delight in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment