Saturday, December 11, 2010

I delight in santa clause and little kids.


Joyful moment of the day.
I was in Smith's by the refrigerated dough section and Jell-o section. There were two adorable little boys standing next to me. All the sudden the one turns to the other and says, "look, its Santa! and he's stopping at Smith's!" The I looked over to see the boy's faces and HUGE eyes before I turned the other way to check out the Santa. I expected a man in a red suit but nope, this man had flannel on. But as continued looking up...there was that Santa hair flowing down into a long beard. He was the santa with 'real hair' or was he the 'real santa?' I daresay both. The boys eyes followed him like glue. I later overheard them trying to explain to their mom that they'd seen Santa but unfortunately the mom thought they were telling a lie.

Lessons learned?
Childhood is the best experience ever.
The spirit of Santa is in us all.
Parents give your kids the benefit of the doubt--what would it hurt if they really saw Santa?
I love the sincerity and belief system children have. Its what I work back to...the simple faith and sincerity of childhood.

Finally, it drew me back to a funny experience I had about this same time last year. I was in Nova Scotia, Greenwood to be exact. We'd had District Meeting and Sister B and I were headed to the mall with the Elders following to get some lunch. Well I was in line at A&W and guess who was in line next to me? Santa. Seriously. He ordered a Papa Burger. I was half tempted to do the same...hello...its Santa's favorite! But alas, I instead just have thought that instead of Oreo's one year...I'll leave him a Papa Burger instead.

I believe in Santa Clause.

No comments:

Post a Comment