Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I delight in new facts.

I'm up to my ears in lesson plans, goal writing, probes, baselines, therapy cards, creative craft projects and scavenger hunts. In my madness...I learned something interesting...

I'm pretty sure everyone has wondered "is that much crying normal?" (to grad students probably yes, okay okay...we're actually just talking about crying babies) After all how much should a baby be crying? Well here's what my dandy artic book says:

Mean amount of crying/24 hours
1-3 months=90 minutes, mostly in the evenings
4-6 months= 64.7 minutes, mostly afternoon
7-9 months= 60.5 minutes, afternoon/evening
10-12 months-86.4 minutes, mostly evening
Other studies show a decrease at 10+ months

All this according to McGlaughlin and Grayson, 2003

Just a tidbit for the g-wiz file! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment