Monday, July 11, 2011

I delight in trying.


I'll apologize in advance for sounding like a Debbie downer. Those of you who know me, know that typically I am not. However, in an attempt to survive the next ten days I will be posting a delight daily (hence the idea of the blog which does not always come to fruition).

And so, today I delight in trying. I tried to do well on my motor speech exam today. Somehow I think I could have studied the rest of my life and not have done any better--except maybe remembered the word stridor in better timing. Either way, it is over and I tried real hard.

I really delighted in my client today--he sang me a song about peanut butter and jelly--how could that not make your day better.

I also delighted in free slurpee day and in going to at least the lesson portion of FHE with Michelle (my awesome neighbor--who I'm glad to know after living next door for almost a year!). Deciding to go was a good decision.

Also delighted in the sight on my bed when I got home (seriously probably the highlight of my day)--the quilt. That's going to be its own delight later when I take a picture and post it on here. Its the quilt I did the summer before I left on my mission and that just finally got all done--machine quilted and bound. Its beautiful--if I do say so myself!

Finally, I delight in going to bed before midnight...because its just been that long of a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment