Monday, February 18, 2013

delighting in week 7/52



 The quality of this photo is terrible but I love it nonetheless. Every time I go to the Brigham City Temple I take pictures, not of the temple but of the tabernacle across the street. It is so photogenic, so historic and so beautifully positioned for a picture. If only my iPhone could have captured the lighting a little better this picture would better represent the illuminating experience of my Saturday morning.

This was a week. A few weeks ago, we were discussing at work what sense we could part with if we had to...and while I'm not sure my voice is a sense per se, I've decided I never want to live without it. Doing my job was interesting with an intermittently present voice but we survived. Cepracol was my bff of the week. Saved my life.

In terms of delights this week, the temple was definitely at the top of the list with institute also in the close running. Reading "5 Minutes Peace" with Christin and adventures with my mom were also right up there. Then there's the haircut...



Yes, I know this is one of those pictures that is just like the before and after pictures for lots of products...before is a picture of unstyled hair, the person has no make up on of course so that when you see the after picture they look completely different because they're all dolled up. Well here you go, I did the same thing. But you know, sadly it wasn't intentional...its just the way it has been. I slowly stopped getting ready, doing things with my hair, etc.  Needless to say, it was time for a change. And so, there it is. We'll see how long the bangs last. I've been scaring myself all day every time I've gotten a glimpse in the mirror of myself. It was a needed change though. And I believe change can rub off to other things.

A short bullet list of other delights:
  • giving and getting valentine's day "surprises"
  • getting things done ahead of time
  • using my planner more effectively
  • daily scripture study
  • still light at 6 pm
  • opportunities to share experiences
  • autism advocacy/legislature activity
  • experiences that teach you things--2 words: smoke detector
  • dancing at PALS with my favorite people
  • making sugar cookies with friends, sharing them with friends
  • naps
  • hearing "sis, i need more snuggles and books"
  • the difference between skill deficits and performance deficits
  • reminiscing my mission
  • playing skip-bo (even though i hate it)
  • talking to new people
  • making (and eating) delish eclair cake
  • scripture time/goal making/weekly planning
------------
highway don't care--tim mcgraw and taylor swift
visions of glory (dying to read)

1 comment: