Sunday, February 3, 2013

I delight in the spontaneous.

Did a weekend just happen because I think I missed it. This week was work x5 days then a packed day of play! Craig and I headed south after LEND on Friday and landed in happy valley. Seeing my sweet grandpa is my favorite! Friday night I ate delicious food (thank goodness someone cancelled their reservation at the black sheep cafe) with my favorite aussie and mission companion. It was delightful to catch up on life and hear about the love of her life. We topped off the night at the creamery. I get so nostalgic on that campus. It seems like my BYU experience was a whole other life ago.

Saturday morning I woke up on my favorite couch in the world. The special of the morning was waffles which I only ever have at Grandpa's because he is the only one who has a belgian waffle maker. They were delicious as always. Then the three of us set out on an adventure. First to the barber, then around BYU, the cemetery, springville, salem and finally payson. The temple is looking SO much more like a temple now! It was fantastic! On the way back, we drove past the "provo city temple" (I think that's what they're calling it). So crazy as the entire structure is jacked up while they dig two stories below. I know right? 

The afternoon brought a drive to Eagle Mountain visiting my best friend from my undergrad days and lifesaver time and time again. She has the sweetest children (which is to be anticipated considering she is so sweet and constantly Christ-like herself) and we had a delightful time decorating sugar cookies. My only regrets are that I couldn't stay longer and that I didn't take any pictures. The most precious memory I walked away with is the one of her sweetest little one falling asleep with his head snuggled on my chest. Precious and so so delightful!

Then the whirlwind began...Draper and visiting a dear old roommate and friend and meeting her adorable baby! My friends have the cutest children! Anyway, it was so wonderful to catch up and go to another roommates bridal shower. It is so fantastic to get to hang out with people who you just love and who you just have a history with that makes you go...wow...being friends with you has been awesome! I love love love it. The night ended with a drive back to Provo, seeing my cousins, grandpa, picking up Craig and heading north with a diet coke in hand. 

I'm sad the weekend is over and I've only really recounted Saturday, mostly because I never want to forget it and because I really delighted in all of it. On the drive home, I enjoyed listening to general conference addresses from October 2010 from President Monson, President Eyring and President Uctodorf. The line that stuck me the most was this, "...diligently doing the things that matter most will lead us to the Savior of the World..." (President Uctodorf). One of the things that matters the most to me is my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It shapes my life and I pray it continues to define and refine my life. 

-----



No comments:

Post a Comment