Tuesday, November 1, 2016

thankful heart day 1

cape breton island
october 2016

My most favorite month has arrived...NOVEMBER is here!

Maybe its because I celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving a month ago, but I've been extra ansy for November this year. I love the ringing in of the holidays, my birthday, and how everyone's heart's turn toward family and the Savior. 

In past years, I have written daily on this blog in November and I decided to bring it back this year. It's been just over a month that I've been living alone again. Evening's are kind of weird when you live alone. Especially when you work a schedule like mine. I come home, change into something warm (because it's already dark out and my house is, well cold because I've been gone all day), and eat some dinner. Dinner is usually accompanied by some background noise which lately, has been Fixer Upper (I've totally jumped on the Chip and Joanna Gaines train...they're an exemplary couple and example of family...plus her style is lovely!). After that, I've been organizing everything in my house, hanging things up, or just being lazy and climbing in my bed with a book. 

When I sit down to write, I have to get myself in the frame of mind which is accompanied by silence or the right music. Tonight, it's Coldplay.

Now that you've had probably way too much background, let's talk about my thankful heart...
-i'm so thankful for my faith. 
-i'm so thankful (and yet terrified) that this election is almost over.
-i'm so thankful for my family.
-i'm so thankful for good friends. 
-i'm grateful for socks. 
-i'm grateful for perspective.

I'm just really grateful for my grateful heart. I have a quote on my computer from a recent Intermountain stories about how today is one more day lived, another day off your life. As I look at the picture that I paired with this post, I can't help but think about how life is about how we frame it. What is the lens that we're using to view the world. When we frame life with an attitude of gratitude, our lives can be transformed from "never enough" to "abundantly blessed." 

That's the frame I want to keep around all I see and experience this season. I have lots of reasons to potentially get a little bent out of shape this holiday, mostly that I'm entering a new decade of life (it's a pretty ridiculous reason but it just seems like 30 has snuck up on me...even though Christin's been telling me I'm almost 30 for the past year). It's easy to look around and see all that I have to be grateful for, but like my recent posts have also reflected...it's easy to see and feel what I still lack. So, even more of a reason to keep life framed in an appropriate perspective. 

So...
frame life with a thankful heart.
choose the lens through which you see and experience the season.
be outrightly grateful.
be intentional.

No comments:

Post a Comment