Friday, June 25, 2010

I delight in the power of touch.

Some of my pictures are SO classic...
I do not mean the touch of dogs...I do mean the touch of people.

My little sis...she needs hugs. And when she needs one, she tells you. "Sis...hug me!" Mind you she can request one right after you've already given her one.

But you know those times when you just hit your head (so hard you even got a goose-egg) and you're in pain/tears/kind of upset you just hit your head...and then someone touches you and even though you get upset at first, really deep down, you're grateful someone cares and their touch is comforting.

Or when you have a headache and there isn't much you can do about it but cradle your own head, and the friend next to you just starts to rub your back just because.

Or when you're sad or confused, or just having one of those days and someone just touches you on the shoulder, or back and just assures you it will all be alright.

Or even when the little old man at the grocery store just grabs your elbow to tell you a joke.

So many things that can be so easily over looked but I delight in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment