Saturday, June 5, 2010

I delight in sweet friendship.

I think this is something that makes everyone happy.

So say you're at the store and you see a friend you haven't seen in a really long time. This time of not talking didn't happen on purpose of course; life got busy and took you different places and you simply lost touch. But now, you see each other again and it isn't weird or awkward. Its just like old times. You're still so happy to see each other again, still interested in what is going on in the others life and you easily pick it up again, no apologies, not a big deal or fuss...just sincere caring and reminiscing and learning about what has happened in their life.

I delight every time this happens. Whether its someone I've known a long time or a short time. Whether its someone I keep in semi-regular touch with or not. To see each other again and have it just be sincere and joyous...well its the best!

2 comments:

  1. That is very much something in which to delight!

    By the way, I love your picture. It makes me a bit homesick for Utah. I'm not sure where that picture was taken, but the sky here NEVER gets that blue! I miss the really blue skies of Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our skies don't seem to be getting this blue lately either...so much smog! This was in Southern Arizona! :)

    ReplyDelete