Saturday, September 11, 2010

I delight in a "Christin-ism."


On my private blog this summer, I had a run of "Christin-ism's." A "Christin-ism" by definition is: a hilarious saying or statement by LB that is noteworthy of remembering. My little sister Christin is hilarious and sometimes her quotes are so classic! This one took place last night. I went home to get part 2 of 3 of the root canal taken care of (picture of x-ray to prove it!). When I got home last night, it was the first time I'd seen my Dad at home for a while because he's been having some health concerns and has been in the hospital. Needless to say, he's still recovering and is rather melancholy. Moving slowly and whatever you do, don't make him cough!

Background: My Dad and Christin are giggle buddies. When Dad gets home from work, she loves to 'pester' and play with Dad, hiding a sock or chasing him and vise versa. They always have a good time together. They're both big teases!

Setting: Mom, Dad, Christin, and I are sitting around the kitchen table catching up on the week.

Christin: Uhm, Sis...
Me: Yes?
Christin (with a sad face): Our dad is not sad. Our dad is not happy. Our dad is not frisky. He is not fun.

Her understanding of the whole situation is limited but her expression of what she understands of dad's current condition was insightful and entertaining. I delight in seeing the world from her point of view. I delight in her innocence, her desire for happiness, her sincerity, and her love.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE that picture!! She certainly doesn't need to understand the whole situation to know that something isn't "right" with your dad. It has to be very hard on her to not be able to play with her "buddy" in the usual way and not really know why. She's such a great person, though!

    ReplyDelete