Friday, September 24, 2010

I delight in the last days of summer.

This morning, I put my ipod on shuffle as I scrambled around to get ready.
What song should come on?
The Ataris'--Summer 1979
All the sudden it hit me...my last day of summer 2010 was yesterday!
Good thing I checked off my summer necessity before summer was over...
Getting a SNOW CONE!
A few weeks ago I went to the Avenues Street fair in Salt Lake.
Considering it was 4 blocks from my apartment and considering that sometimes I try to be a city girl and attempt to blend in, you know, be where all the other aves people were I went.
They had everything and I do mean everything.
My favorite things were the antiques and the snow cones.
I had my choice of thai food, chinese food, unidentifiable food, chocolate dipped bananas (a close second to a snowcone), fried twinkies and oreos...anything and everything,
but I had to go with the summer must...a snow cone.
If you haven't had one yet...its probably not too late!
I'm all about adding a few extra days on to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment