Saturday, February 18, 2012

I delight in mother-daughter time.

picture not taken today...taken back in July/Aug 2008 in Rock Springs, WY.

Today I was able to spend some time with my Mom. This does not happen very often so it is kind of a big deal when just she and I get to do something together.

Mom is always game for anything with enough warning to sufficiently prepare. Who else would go to a sewing sale with me at 6 in the morning and actually enjoy it! Who else would love talking to, laughing with, and meeting other lovely sewing/fabric lovers who line up outside stores for early-bird sales? Nope, I can only think of her! :)

I love that we have a lot of things that we both enjoy doing together. Lately, we've (well I've been more than her but it all started with her) been into sewing more than normal. We're taking a sewing class together this week so we needed to get all our stuff so we'd be ready. Now we just have to figure out how to attach the walking feet we bought to our machines so we don't look like clueless goonies at our introduction to machine quilting class later this week. It's going to be an adventure full of lots of laughs. I can tell already!

My mom is fantastic when it comes to helping me develop my talents. She lends a great amount of support and can answer or direct you to where to find answers to any question. At the same time, she let's me just figure some things out since I like to be a little rebellious like that sometimes.

Later in the day, we went to the antique show, one of our oldest and most long standing traditions. It's great to see our "friends" aka the vendors who we know and to run into our "antiquing friends" who we tend to only run into on Saturday mornings at Acorn's Antique Shows. Some themes of this antique show included: Beatrix Potter (a long standing love of mine), some 1930's-1940's "fair" ride toys, and jewelry.

The rest of the day held other various adventures like a trip to the mall, where I usually don't go.

All and all, I loved spending quality time with my Mom. I believe in mother-daughter bonding time. Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment