Friday, February 10, 2012

I delight in the way to make my day.


(this is the picture the last comment refers to...the original blog header)

Today I was stressed out. Kinda.
At first, the day didn't start out as I had planned (suprise suprise...i need more accountability in the early morning hours). Then I thought I had plenty of time, but really I was running behind. But then I got to where I needed to be 15 minutes early. Oi.

And so began my second sewing class. I'm in sewing classes since I got a sewing machine for Christmas. It's a beautiful Bernina. I can't believe I haven't taken a picture of it yet. That will come soon!!! I delight in sewing. It is such a wonderful activity, full of creativity and trial and error. As the Mary Englebreit cards I recently bought say, "Arts and crafts keep you sane." And in my case, that is true.

And so, sewing saved my sanity. I came home, made quiche. I love quiche and I think I have finally perfected the pie crust. Now if someone could teach me how to make the edges descent, then it would look as good as it tastes.

I reviewed language development and played the "quizzy game" "skype style" with Mary (aka, the person I credit with my grad school success). We were both pleasantly surprised with our retention of language development stuff. Good news.

Now what happened to make my day? Well fastforward past a bunch of other good things (visits with aunt, cousin, visiting grandparents while delivering some quiche, building a better resume, etc.) Dad and Uncle get home and come to visit me in my cave (an endearing term for my room). Kind Uncle says he likes my cave and then proceeds to admire some pictures on my wall commenting that they're cool, to which my Dad replies, well Erin took them. "You took that?" Yes I did.

That was the way to make my day. Be impressed by a beautiful picture I took.

And so, my day was made.

No comments:

Post a Comment